Friday, July 22, 2005

final thoughts before leaving

I'm sitting in front of a pile of stuff, mostly packed, thinking about the trip that lie ahead. It is sinking in that I am leaving to somewhere I've never been and I don't know anything about what I will do or where I will live when I get there. I have always been one for the spontaneous so I don't feel completely out of my element, but it is a lot all at once to take in.

I've been working long hours to wrap up life here and prepare for life there. I keep feeling like there is something more. I can't really think of what that something might be, but it looms in my mind. I'm glad that I have a week in Baltimore to allow my mind a chance to get around the details.

I've had great visits and wonderful emails with friends and family as part of my preparation. It has warmed my heart and will continue to lighten my days when I am far from home and missing everyone.

No comments: