Monday, August 22, 2005

wha-wha malaria....

I was sick last week. For three days (Sunday to Tuesday) I stayed in the hospital to be treated for malaria. It is the time of year that most people get sick because it is just after the rainy season. Mosquitoes must have been part of our punishment for Eden. I am recovered now and am back at work. Here are some pics I took at the hospital.



This is my IV. It reminded me of WWII hospital with the big glass bottle hanging down and nurses in pink uniforms coming to tend to me.
This is my room. I had a nice terrace that was surrounded by palm trees and greenery. It cheered me up. The colors in the room were also bright which can help when you are grumpy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you started right off with Malaria, but I'm glad you recovered so quickly.

Anonymous said...

Sarah: I've had some prospective students in to ask whether SI can lead to a career in development work. Now I can point them to your blog. I think I might wait a couple days though, until the malaria story is not at the top...
Yikes. Hope they've got you on the right stuff to prevent recurrence.
"Take care" was never meant more fully,
--michael

Anonymous said...

Sara,

Well, I guess someone needed to check out the hospital facilities right away to see what improvements will be needed down the road! Maybe there is a "special project" to add from the experience?! ;)

Seriously though, good to hear you got over this malaria bout relatively quickly. I hope you continue to feel better. :)

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Sara, Like my son Mark you are not an average person...so what happens to you is not AVERAGE. God has blessed you with special talents and gifts and sometimes special trials. We're glad you are getting better. Barb Schafer

Naab Family said...

GLAD YOU'RE BETTER!!