I finally got an assignment at work. It has been decided that I will work in the education department to coordinate a few programs to try to increase enrollment into primary school. Though state education is free there are a number of challenges to getting children to actually attend. Out in villages people live a agricultural lifestyle and children are assets in terms of labor to help with household work. Many parents didn't attend school, so some of them do not yet see the value of education. My work will focus around parents -- educating them and empowering them to help make village schools more successful (However I will be working at the village, county, state and national levels). I will have more details as I start doing research, but that is my job in a nutshell. I am pretty excited about it as I have long been dedicated to improving education.
All looks well for me to move into my apartment today or tomorrow. I will spend the weekend settling into my place and I will be taking a trip to Togo to visit the Port there. I have been learning so much about international trade (all the details, logistics, banking, etC) from the business guys that are working here. So, needless to say, I have found plenty to occupy my brain. I will have lots of pictures to post on Monday.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Stay safe young lady. Can't wait to see your place. Many photos please!!
did you get any mail via CRS mail service yet?
mom
Kelly is doing her homework and wants to know how to say nevermind in French. Can't wait to hear more about your job.We love your site.
Post a Comment